Citi Rewards+ Card is the ideal credit card for anyone who likes to use plastic for every order, both big and small.
This card’s one-of-a-kind reward system will maximize your daily spending habits by rounding each transaction up to the next 10 points. To give you some insight, that $12 movie ticket is worth 20 points, the $4 breakfast you get each morning? 10 points, the same goes for a package of gum or a soda from the vending machine. Lastly, there’s a credit card in synchrony with the way you are spending money every day.
- What are the Pros and Cons of the American Express Blue Cash Credit Card
- Top Travel Card: Discover it Miles will Aid you organize your trips
– APRC: 0% introduction APRC on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, then the standard variable APRC rate of 14.49% – 24.49%.
– yearly rate: $0
– Reward ratios: You will get 2x points for every $1 you spend – up to a maximum of $6,000 – at supermarkets and gas stations; 1x points once you meet this limit. Citi Rewards + rounds up your shopping to the nearest 10 points, with no limit to the amount of times you can receive this benefit.
– Sign Up Offer: You will get 15,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 on shopping in the initial three months.
– You will earn 10% extra points on the initial 100,000 points you redeem every year. For instance, if you use 10,000 ThankYou® points to receive a $100 gift card, you will receive 1,000 points back.
– There are plenty of redemption options. You can spend your ThankYou® Points to obtain gift cards, order travel rewards, shop online at stores like Amazon or BestBuy, make a donation or pay some bills. You can also withdraw your points in cash, in $50 and $100 denominations, or as an additional account credit in amounts up to $250.
– For eligible members, transfer points at a one-to-one ratio in other mileage programs.
– Citi Entertainment offers review and discount options at concerts and sporting events.
– You can access Citi Concierge, which can assist you with travel plans, meals and entertainment alternatives.
– Contactless Payment enables you to tap your card for a much quicker checkout process.
– Citi’s 24/7 customer service line ensures that you can get help whenever you need it.
The best use of this card
The best way to maximize your rewards using Citi Rewards+ is to use the card in a consistent manner, particularly for small purchases. You’ll also want to use the card for all your grocery shopping and gas station purchases in the first year.
If you are spending $42 on purchases, the Citi Rewards+ Card will double that amount, so round it up to the next 10 points, which makes the purchase worth 90 thank you points. This is a really good way to get points quickly.
Please be aware that Citi Rewards+ also rewards cardholders for redeeming their points. For every 10,000 points you redeem – up to 100,000 points each year – you receive 1,000 Thank You Points back into your account. You have to redeem your points to recover the 10%.
However, one final point to consider is that the amount of the redemption varies. Gift cards and travel rewards redeemed through the Acknowledgement Center are only worth one cent per point, whereas cash and statement credits are worth only 0.5 cents.
- No Yearly Fee and Lots of Rewards? Meet Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card
- Understand how to Improve your Credit Score
It’s of course a much better value to use your points for air travel – and if you’re more flexible, you can take some great deals – or buy gift cards that can then be redeemed for the full value in cash.
In a few words
Citi Rewards+ is a wonderful card for those who make a lot of small shopping in everyday stuff. You get extra points each time you use the card, and for a few purchases, these extra points nearly double the dollars spent.
This adds value even after the 2x bonus points offered on grocery and gas station purchases have been expired. If you’re a huge fan of simplification and don’t really want to estimate the value of each purchase you make, there are additional reward cards with no annual fee that can work much better for you.