The HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard is engineered to help you make money back with each purchase, every day. It also provides a substantial initial offer – 12 months cash back bonus – which is considerably longer than similar cards.
If you would prefer cash back based on classes, larger bonuses with tighter terms or point based cards that will help you earn travel rewards, you might consider other alternatives, like HSBC Premier World Mastercard.
Whether you’re looking to increase your cash rewards back for the year one and then enjoying the convenience of steady cash back from anywhere, anytime, then the HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard can be your best fit.
- Tired of your Credit Card Fees? Citi Double Cash might be Ideal for you
- Business Platinum American Express: Everything before you apply for one
– APRC: 0% introductory APRC on purchases and balance transfers during the first 12 months after initial opening of the account.To be eligible, balance transfers have to be made within the first 60 days after the account is opened. After the introductory APR period has passed, cardholders are given an APR of 14.49%, 18.49% or 24.49% based on solvency.
– Annual charge: None
– Reward Rates: Get 1.5% unlimited cash refund on all new shopping made after your introductory bonus period.
– Introductory offer: Win 3% cash back on all first twelve month purchases up to $10,000. Once you reach $10,000, you will receive automatically 1.5% cash back on all your purchases.
– Length of introductory offer: 12 months and $10,000 surpass most introductory cash reward offerings, providing you with ample time to optimize this bonus spending limit.
– No bonus constraints: No categories to track or activate to manage, HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard enables you to earn as you spend.
– Switch to points: If you would rather have points, simply call the HSBC Customer Service number on the reverse of your card and inquire about the HSBC Personal Rewards Programme for details of the points earned rates and amounts. Points can be redeemed for reward points and swapped for flight reservations, gift cards of over 100 brands or merchandise acquired via the HSBC Rewards Website.
– Mastercard Airport Concierge Service: You get 15% off any Meet and Greet airport service while you’ re travelling – a personal Meet and Greet representative will escort you through the airport at over 450 destinations.
– Rental Savings: All card owners get 10% discount on any rental property reservation made during their stay at the airport.
– ShopRunner Membership: Receive a free ShopRunner subscription, which provides unlimited two-day shipping and free returns from over 140 online stores. Just select the ShopRunner feature during checkout at qualifying online stores to reach your account and experience free shipping.
– On-delivery discounts: Receive $5 off all postal orders of $25 or more for food, beverage, and grocery orders.
– Mastercard ID Protection against theft: In the event your card is compromised, Mastercard will assist you one by one until you demand is fully resolved.
– Tap&Go: HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard handles contactless payments, Tap&Go anywhere they are accepted – just hold your card near the terminal and then follow the instructions for quicker purchases.
– Smartphone Safeguard: If your phone is robbed or lost, apply for up to $600 in refunds through your HSBC credit card account.
– Smooth credit check: Applying for this card will have no effect on your credit rating, no matter if you are refused.
The smartest way to use this card
This card is engineered to make it easier to get money back – although it is worth looking at the best use to maximize your benefits.
Consider the 12 month introductory bonus. You got one year to spend $10,000 and receive 3% cash back, which means it’s a smart idea to achieve this spending threshold before time runs out. For instance, you can immediately choose to do multiple large purchases for your home or investing in a vacation.
You might also want to consider upgrading your home or buying large appliances – here, the goal is to focus on items that were in your purchase planning but which offer greater rewards when you buy them as part of the HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard introductory offer.
- What you need to know about Student Loan Forgiveness
- Monzo Plus: Everything you need to know about Monzo’s new product
In a few words
The HSBC Cash Reward Mastercard is a wonderful fit if your focus is on direct cash profits with each purchase. With no classes to administer and extra benefits in purchasing and travelling costs, this card is a fantastic entry point into the realm of cash back cards.
It also features one of the finest bonus rewards on the market, providing you with 12 months to make twice as much money back at 3% on all orders up to $10,000. Together with no yearly fee and 0% APR for the 1st year, this card is a robust choice if you have high value purchases on the horizon and you wish to enjoy your spending to the maximum.
With a seamless credit check application and APR rates varying from 14.49% to 24.49%, this cash back card has the potential to stay substantially under the standard APR if your credit score is good.