Apple Watch allows you to do so many things without requiring you to remove your iPhone – like take a glance at notifications, send rapid text answers, and turn off iPhone alarms – and Apple Pay is yet another example.
You will first have to set up Apple Pay on your iPhone using a debit or credit card, and will then be free to use it for directly supported shopping in your Apple Watch.
So, shall we start?
Setting up Apple Pay on the Watch app for iPhone
You may add credit, debit, and prepaid cards to your Apple Watch in the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Secure, Agile and Easy: A simple Guide to use Google Pay
- Find out why People are Talking about the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Just open the Watch app on your iPhone. Go directly to the My Watch tab.
2. Select “Wallet & Apple Pay”.
3. Now touch “Add Card” and then touch “Continue.
4. For a card that has been added to your iPhone, you will be requested to enter the card verification code to add it to your Apple Watch. For all new credit cards, you can enter your data by placing your card within a screen grid and snapping a photo, or by inserting your card details manually (name, card number, expiration date, security code).
5. Once you have filled in your card details, you will be guided to a Terms and Conditions section. Revise this page, then click Accept to proceed with the setup process.
6. As your card is already registered with Apple Pay, “Your bank or card issuer will verify your information and decide if you can use your card with Apple Pay”, accordingly to Apple. “If your bank or issuer needs more information to verify your card”, they will request it from you.
Occasionally a verification code is necessary and will be delivered to your iPhone via text message. Just enter and then complete the setup
7. After you have successfully introduced a card to your wristwatch, you will be presented with a verification screen and the card will be displayed bellow “Payment Cards on your watch”.
Get started with Apple Pay in your Apple Watch
Since you’ ve added cards to your Apple clock, you can now use Apple Pay in a variety of distinct ways.
1. Whenever you are ready to pay at a store that accepts Apple Pay, you can push the side button two times. This will automatically remove your standard card.
2. Maintain your Apple watch close to the touchless reader, in just a few inches, until a soft touch is felt.
3. Apple points out that “Depending on the store and transaction amount, you may need to sign a receipt or enter your PIN”.
4. To purchase with a separate card, swipe left or right until you get to the card you’d prefer to use. Hold the watch near the contactless reader.
5. To alter your default card, go to the Wallet & Apple Pay page of the Watch for iPhone software and go to the Transaction Rules section. Press Default Card, then pick a new default card. You can also insert a default shipping address/email and phone number for autofill in future transactions.
- No Yearly fees and great CashBack for Students? Find out about Discover It Chrome Credit Card
- Did not have the necessary Score to get your Apple Credit Card? This will help you
How to keep track of your Apple payment transaction history
1. start the Watch app for iPhone. Go to the My Watch tab, then press Wallet & Apple Pay.
2. Select the card you would like to view transactions for, and then click Transactions.
3. Verify that the Transaction History is on. You can find a list of the most current transactions here.
4. Observe that the values you see may be initial approval values, which may be different from the final transaction amount. To verify the closing transaction amounts, check your credit or debit card statement.