Better suited to: home chefs whose petrol and supermarket shopping is a major part of their credit card purchases
The Amex Blue Cash Everyday Credit Card does not have an annual fee and provides economy in the form of cash back for gas purchases (2%) and US supermarket (3%). To be eligible for the cash back benefits, you’ll need to step away from superstores and storage locations such as Costco, Target, Sam’s Club and Wal-Mart and select to purchase your groceries and gas at designated supermarkets and gas stations.
- Top Travel Card: Discover it Miles will Aid you organize your trips
- No Yearly Fee and Lots of Rewards? Meet Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card
The Core Characteristics of American Express Blue Cash Everyday
– APR: An entry rate of 0% interest on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months, then a variable APR of 15.24% – 26.24%.
– Annual rate: $0
– Reward rates: 3% cash at supermarkets (up to $6,000 per year for purchases), 2% cash at specific gas stations and selected department shops, 1% back for other purchases.
– Introdution offer: $150 bill credit as long as you have spent $1,000 on purchases with your Amex credit card during the first three months.
Blue Cash Everyday highlights include
– Car rental loss and damage coverage
– Travel Support
– Travel accident coverage is included to cover losses with air tickets in case of accident or emergency
– Amex extensive credit card guarantee cover
– Purchase insurance.
– Return policy allows the return of an item for up to 90 days or less. If the store fails to accept you back, Amex will provide you with a refund of the shopping price of up to $300.
Using American Express Blue Cash Everyday Best Way
This cash reward card will put money back in your wallet, particularly if shopping and gas are a large part of your expenditure. The important thing is to figure out when it’s time to upgrade to the Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card, that comes with an $95 annual fee, but gives you a greater reward of 6% cash back on your purchases and 3% petrol reward.
You have to spend over $61 a week on groceries and $183 a week on gas to make the upgrade to the Amex Blue Cash Preferred (and pay the annual fee) well worth it. If you don’t exceed those amounts, the American Express Blue Cash Everyday card is the perfect choice for now.
Keep in mind – to get your money back on gas and groceries, shopping needs to take place at the appropriate supermarkets and gas stations. Shopping at clubs and superstores like Walmart, Target, Costco or Sam’s Club are not applicable.
- Understand how to Improve your Credit Score
- American Express: Understand everything about the Blue Cash Preferred
In a few words
Amex is best known for its credit cards with many customer-focused covers like insurance against loss and damage in car rentals, travel accident coverage and purchase/return protection. But the majority of American Express credit cards have fees beginning at $95 to offset all the extra benefits.
The American Express Blue Cash Everyday credit card is unmatched because it provides the travel and product protection that the Amex faithful rely on, but it also offers cash back on purchases and has no annual fee.
If you eat often at home, the 3% in cash back for shopping can add up. You can add the 2% money back at the gas station and you can earn a good piece of money to use as you please.